Expression of Interest : Psychological/Trauma Healing Services
Title: Consultant- Psychological and Trauma Healing Services
Type of Contract: Short-term
Open Date: March 13, 2023; Closing Date March 17, 2023.
Duration of assignment: Seven Months
Devatop Centre for Africa Development, with support from Palladium Group under the Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE) Program, funded by USAID, is implementing the TALKAM Against Trafficking in Persons (TATIP) project, under the Countering Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) component of the SCALE Program. TATIP is designed to use technology and traditional methods to counter trafficking in persons with a focus on prevention, protection, partnership, and prosecution. TALKAM is a pidgin English word meaning to Speak Out. The project – TATIP, scheduled to be implemented in three states namely Delta, Enugu, and Sokoto.
Part of TATIP project is providing victims with psychological and therapy support and referring them to TIP service delivery centers, making them less susceptible to abuse and trafficking.
This involves organizing periodic clinic for identified survivors of TIP with the help of clinical psychologists and trauma healing coaches who will be engaged to conduct periodic mental health and trauma healing sessions in each of the 9 local government covering a total of 27 communities and its environs. This will be an in-person session that will run monthly for a period of 6 months, with room for specialized and phone-in sessions depending on the urgency of need within the duration. The goal of this is to support survivors that are in dire need of psychosocial interventions, towards a recovery process, to reduce their vulnerability towards becoming a societal liability, and aid their reintegration process in the society.
With this framework, DEVATOP is seeking to invite Expression of Interest from counselors/therapists to work with, and to provide the specified services to victims of trafficking. This partnership seeks to enhance the assistance being provided to trafficked victims and those vulnerable to human trafficking.
Scope of Work/Deliverables:
- In-person (providing effective strategy for recovery)
- Providing trauma-focused therapy
- Diagnoses of mental health problems.
- Profiling of victims/vulnerable individuals and needs assessment.
- Administering of attendance register at every session with the beneficiaries.
- The consultant to be contracted is expected to meet the following criteria:
- Must have a degree in psychology, guidance and counseling, or related courses.
- Must have a good understanding and at least three years practical experience in providing therapy/counseling to victims of human rights abuses.
- Interested applicants must be based in the states listed above.
- Have a strong community presence and an excellent understanding of community based psychosocial support.
- Must have a suitable office and prerequisite materials for the provision of the services.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application with the title “Psychological and Trauma Healing Services for TATIP Project” as the email subject to [email protected] Cc [email protected]
The application should highlight among other things:
- The consultant’s relevant experience.
- Profile of consultant.
- Method or approaches for service.
- Cost of a two-hour section per victim and for 90 victims.
N/B: The application should be a maximum of 4 A4-sized pages, excluding annexes.