Expression of Interest : Skill Training and Business Coaching
Title: Consultant- Skill Training and Business Coaching
Type of Contract: Short-term
Open Date: March 13, 2023; Closing Date March 17, 2023.
Duration of assignment: Six Months
Devatop Centre for Africa Development, with support from Palladium Group under the Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE) Program, funded by USAID, is implementing the TALKAM Against Trafficking in Persons (TATIP) project, under the Countering Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) component of the SCALE Program. TATIP is designed to use technology and traditional methods to counter trafficking in persons with a focus on prevention, protection, partnership, and prosecution. TALKAM is a pidgin English word meaning to Speak Out. The project – TATIP, scheduled to be implemented in three states namely Delta, Enugu, and Sokoto.
Part of TATIP project is to provide skill training and business mentorship for survivors and at-risks women and youth. The training will focus on Fashion & Tailoring, Hair Dressing and Barbing, with cross cutting modules on fundamentals of entrepreneurship, business planning, basics of financial management, inventory and book-keeping, business branding, fundraising strategies, and marketing.
The training will last for a duration of 6 months, which will include a 3-month intense training course in a specific area of interest, and a 1-month general enlightenment in soft skills and followed by a 2-month post training mentorship. There will be an exhibition/business pitch and career fair competition at the end of this activity in close coordination with the private sector and other government and private organizations with interest in SMEs development. A key objective of this activity is to utilize the role that livelihood skills and productivity play as a factor in reducing the vulnerability of individuals.
With this framework, DEVATOP is seeking to invite Expression of Interest from consultants to work with, and to provide the specified services to survivors and vulnerable groups. This partnership seeks to enhance the business support services being provided to TIP survivors.
Scope of Work/Deliverables:
- Profiling of trainees needs
- In-person training and coaching
- The consultant to be contracted is expected to meet the following criteria:
- Must have a degree in psychology, guidance and counseling, or related courses.
- Must have a good understanding and at least three years practical experience in providing therapy/counseling to victims of human rights abuses.
- Interested applicants must be based in the states listed above.
- Have a strong community presence and excellent understanding of community based psychosocial support.
- Must have a suitable office and prerequisite materials for provision of the services.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application with title “Skill Training and Business Coaching For Survivors of TIP” as the email subject to [email protected] Cc [email protected]
The application should highlight among other things:
- The consultant’s relevant experience.
- Profile of consultant.
- Method or approaches for service.
- Cost of a two-hour section per victim and for 90 victims.
N/B: The application should be a maximum of 4 A4-sized pages, excluding annexes.