Type of Contract: Short-term
Open Date: Jan 24, 2024; Questions Deadline: Jan 25, 2024; Closing Date: Feb 04, 2024.
Duration of assignment: Date of Signature – October 31, 2024.
Devatop Centre for Africa Development (DEVATOP) is a human rights organization aiming to work with local, national, and global partners to uphold human rights and social justice in Africa. Through its tech-driven initiative known as TALKAM, DEVATOP is accelerating citizen-led reportage and actions against human rights abuses in Africa.
This solicitation requests the services of an experienced firm/Consultant to produce and translate audio-visual content for a project.
Scope of Work/Deliverables:
- Submit developed content for review and approval.
- Translate the produced audio-visual script in English to Pidgin, Yoruba, and Igbo languages.
- Produce and submit audio-visual materials (motion graphics, animated video) in the four languages for review and validation.
- Submit final materials incorporating feedback received on initial submission.
The consultant to be contracted is expected to meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria and have relevant documents to prove existence and compliance with extant regulations.
- The consultant must have at least 2 years of experience in carrying out similar assignments (a portfolio of such work done in the last 2 years is required evidence).
Quote Criteria/Payment Schedule
- The quotes submitted should include all associated expenses the Consultant bears to carry out this assignment, as no other expenses will be covered or reimbursed by DEVATOP.
- Quotes must be submitted in Naira, as payment(s) to the contracted Consultant will be made in this currency.
- Please note that DEVATOP will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) a 5% or 10% withholding Tax as may be applicable.
- Payment shall be made to the selected Consultant (s) quarterly for the contract duration.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application with the title “Consultant – Audio Visual Production and Translation” as the email subject to [email protected]
The application should highlight, among other things, the following:
- The Consultant’s relevant experience.
- Proof of company/business registration with CAC
- Links to previous work done for clients
For Questions and inquiries, please email [email protected] before 25th January 2024.
N/B: At the core of our work and culture is the promotion of the rights of marginalized groups, as well as embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion. On this note, we encourage applications from firms and organizations who share this principle and/or have a personal story reflecting why this principle should be promoted.