Title: Consultant – Production of Audiovisuals for TATIP Project
Type of Contract: Short-term
Open Date: Feb 09, 2023; Questions Deadline: Feb 15, 2023; Closing Date: Feb 21, 2023.
Target States: Delta, Enugu, and Sokoto
Duration of assignment: Date of Signature – March 3, 2023.
Devatop Centre for Africa Development (DEVATOP) is a human rights organization whose aim is to work with local, national, and global partners to address human rights abuses through technology, capacity building, advocacy, research, and sustainable interventions.
Through its tech-driven initiative known as TALKAM, DEVATOP is accelerating citizen-led reportage and actions against human rights abuses in Africa.
DEVATOP, with support from Palladium under the Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE) Program, funded by USAID, is implementing the TALKAM Against Trafficking in Persons (TATIP) project. TATIP is designed to utilize technology and traditional methods to counter trafficking in persons with a focus on prevention, protection, partnership, and prosecution. TALKAM is a pidgin English word meaning to Speak Out. The project – TATIP, scheduled to be implemented in three states namely Delta, Enugu, and Sokoto, is a new and expanded phase of the TALKAM Project which was initially supported by the U.S Embassy in Nigeria in 2021.
The project is designed to achieve the objectives paraphrased as follows:
- Enhance awareness on the dangers of TIP through engaging anti-human trafficking champions and journalists to carry out strategic actions, as well as and sensitizing citizens through radio and social media.
- Increase identification, reportage, responses and investigation to human trafficking cases
- Enhance provision of psychosocial, professional counselling and skill support for identified survivors and vulnerable individuals.
- Foster collaboration and synergy between private sector, government and CSOs on tackling trafficking in persons.
This solicitation requests the services of experienced audio-visual consultant/creatives to produce audiovisuals materials for the project.
Rationale for production of audiovisuals:
- Raise awareness of community dwellers and the public Trafficking in Persons (TIP)
- To spur community action on identification, reporting, and follow-up of cases of TIP
- Increase level of knowledge of community dwellers and the public with specific focus on the project states about the various ways of reporting on the TALKAM platform.
- Educating citizens on the dangers of TIP and expose the tricks of traffickers.
Scope of Work/Deliverables:
- Draft contents on countering Trafficking in Persons for use in developing motional graphics, animated videos, and static graphics.
- Submit developed contents for review and approval.
- Produce and submit 5 audio-visual materials (motional graphic and animated videos) for review and validation.
- Submit final materials incorporating feedback received on initial submission.
The consultant to be contracted is expected to meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered with Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria and have relevant documents to proof existence and compliance to extant regulations (for organizations), or have relevant status of permit to work in Nigeria (for individuals)
- Must have and demonstrate good understanding and practical experience of development work including advanced skills in content creation, script writing, and audio-visual production.
- The consultant must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in carrying out similar assignments (a portfolio of such work done in the last 2 years is required evidence).
- Demonstrate understanding of the role of communication for development.
- Demonstrate knowledge of gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) in delivering on the assignment.
- Ability to factor in the local language of the project locations (Delta, Enugu and Sokoto), and transcribe materials into English, Hausa, pidgin, and Igbo is an added advantage.
Quote Criteria/Payment Schedule
- DEVATOP will pay a consultancy fee based upon a mutually agreeable daily consultancy rate for each of the 5 materials.
- The quotes submitted should include all associated expenses borne by the consultant to carry out this assignment, as no other expenses will be covered or reimbursed by DEVATOP.
- Quotes must be submitted in Naira, as payment(s) to contracted consultant will be made in this currency.
- Please note that DEVATOP will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) a 5% or 10% withholding Tax from the total consultancy fees for individuals or organizations in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
Method of Application:
The application should highlight among other things:
- The consultant’s relevant experience,
- Proposed content plan/script outline.
- Work plan and quote
- Link to portfolio/materials produced within the last 2 years that are relevant to this request.
- Reference letters from 2 individuals/organizations you have working relationship with, and can speak on your capacity (sent as annex to the application)
- The application should be maximum of 4 A4-sized pages, excluding annexes.
N/B: At the core of our work and culture is the promotion of rights of marginalized groups, as well as embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is on this note that we encourage applications from application from individuals and organizations who share in this principle, and/or have a personal story that reflects why this principle should be promoted.
Download the CALL FOR QUOTATION