The Academy for Prevention of Human Trafficking and Other Related Matters (TAPHOM) is a platform to raise advocates to be in the forefront of combating human trafficking and other related matters. The academy is initiated to prevent human trafficking in Nigeria and other Africa countries.
The pilot project on TAPHOM was carried in 2015/2016, and more than 6000 people benefited from the impact of 120 young people that were trained.
What Next? To establish The Academy for Prevention of Human Trafficking and Other Related Matters (TAPHOM)
In detail, TAPHOM will involve the following:
- Capacity building/Training: Training of 775 anti-human trafficking advocates from all the Local government areas in 36 states in Nigeria. They will be provided with resources to carryout community projects, monitor and report any suspected case of human trafficking or other human rights abuses.
- ICT: Developing a Mobile Application, known as TALKAM, which can be used to report incidences of human trafficking and other human rights abuses. The trained anti-human trafficking advocates and citizens can use the mobile app to monitor, track and report.
- Research: Using research and survey to provide strategies to preventing human trafficking.
- Advocacy: Advocacy through media actions and influencing citizens and stakeholders to take action against human trafficking.
- Empowerment of Survivors and vulnerable people: Engaging businesses, companies, organizations and groups to provide skills and financial assistants to victims of human trafficking. To reduce or prevent the incidence of human trafficking, TAPHOM will provide educational supports to vulnerable children. Also, indigent women and girls will be supported through skill acquisitions or entrepreneurship development.
- Publication: Publishing and distributing information materials and booklets to citizens.
Cost of the Project: Twenty Six Million Naira (N26, 000 000) or Seventy Five Thousand Dollars (75, 000 USD)
Winston Churchill said, “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give”
We want to build a nation without human trafficking, and we need your support.
Join us to make this happen.
Together we can make end human trafficking.
Watch this Video to Know Why You Need to Support Us: