We would like to engage a reputable audit firm that will carry out the organization’s statutory audit
The objective of the Devatop Centre for Africa Development audit is to obtain reasonable assurance that the financial statements reflect a true and fair view of the organization’s financial position. The audit will be performed in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP) The audit report will include an Independent Auditors Report (Opinion) on the financial statements.
SCOPE OF WORK
The successful External Auditor will cover the organization’s program office located at No.11 Moses Mojekondunmi Crescent, Utako Abuja.
The audit will be performed in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP) The audit report will include an Independent Auditors Report (Opinion) on the financial statements The findings and recommendations shall include an action plan for Devatop Centre for Africa Development and accounting improvements depending on findings and its implications and shall accommodate management comments.
The eligible audit firm should meet the following criteria:
- Must be legally registered with Cooperate Affair Commission. (CAC)
- Must have an experience in auditing for at least 3 years.
- References for similar audits performed within the last three years
- Curriculum Vitae for the partner, manager, and Key staff of the firm
- The audit firm and staff must be independent of Devatop Centre for Africa Development and affirm their independence in the engagement letter.
- Any actual or potential conflict of interest in taking up this role should be highlighted.
The key deliverables will be:
- Audited Financial Statements indicating if accounting standards have been applied and whether they reflect a true and fair view of the financial position of the organization.
- Management Letter where matters that are not material to the financial statements, but which the auditors wish to communicate to Devatop Centre for Africa Development may be reflected for management action.
COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
All audit reports and accompanying statements of financial condition shall be presented in English.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
The expression of interest with service fees should be submitted.
The subject line should read, “EOI: EXTERNAL AUDITORS.”
The EOI should be addressed to; Executive Director
ONLY electronically submitted EOI will be accepted.
The deadline for submission of the proposal is; 29th January 2023 at/or before 12:00 pm.
Only shortlisted bidders will be contacted at a date to be communicated.
For any questions, send an email to: [email protected] no later than 4 days after the date of the advert.