Expression of Interest : Supply of Skills Acquisition Equipment
Title: Supply of skills acquisition equipment for beneficiaries under the TALKAM Against Trafficking in Persons (TATIP) Project
Locations: Delta, Enugu, Sokoto
Open Date: April 28, 2023;
Questions Deadline: May 3, 2023;
Closing Date May 30th, 2023.
Devatop Centre for Africa Development (DEVATOP) is a human rights organization whose aim is to work with local, national, and global partners to address human rights abuses through technology, capacity building, advocacy, research, and sustainable interventions.
Through its tech-driven initiative known as TALKAM, DEVATOP is accelerating citizen-led reportage and actions against human rights abuses in Africa.
DEVATOP, with support from Palladium under the Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE) Program, funded by USAID, is implementing the TALKAM Against Trafficking in Persons (TATIP) project. TATIP is designed to utilize technology and traditional methods to counter trafficking in persons with a focus on prevention, protection, partnership, and prosecution. TALKAM is a pidgin English word meaning to Speak Out. The project – TATIP, scheduled to be implemented in three states namely Delta, Enugu, and Sokoto, is a new and expanded phase of the TALKAM Project which was initially supported by the U.S Embassy in Nigeria in 2021.
The project is designed to achieve the objectives paraphrased as follows:
- Enhance awareness on the dangers of TIP through engaging anti-human trafficking champions and journalists to carry out strategic actions, as well as and sensitizing citizens through radio and social media.
- Increase identification, reportage, responses and investigation to human trafficking cases
- Enhance provision of psychosocial, professional counselling and skill support for identified survivors and vulnerable individuals.
- Foster collaboration and synergy between private sector, government and CSOs on tackling trafficking in persons.
Rationale for skills acquisition training:
- To utilize the role that livelihood skills and productivity play as a factor in reducing the vulnerability and reintegration of individuals.
This solicitation requests the services of an experienced firm/supplier to supply kits for beneficiaries of the project.
Scope of Work/Deliverables:
- Supply the skills acquisition equipment in the required location.
- Procurement for beneficiaries trained in fashion and tailoring:
- Procurement for beneficiaries trained in hairdressing:
|Hair Dressing Supplier||5|
- Procurement for Barbing
The supplier to be contracted is expected to meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered with Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria and have relevant documents to proof existence and compliance to extant regulations (for organizations), or have relevant status of permit to work in Nigeria (for individuals)
- The supplier must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in carrying out similar assignments (a portfolio of such work done in the last 2 years is required evidence).
Quote Criteria/Payment Schedule
- The quotes submitted should include all associated expenses borne by the supplier to carry out this assignment, as no other expenses will be covered or reimbursed by DEVATOP.
- Quotes must be submitted in Naira, as payment(s) to contracted supplier will be made in this currency.
- Please note that DEVATOP will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) a 5% or 10% withholding Tax from the total consultancy fees for individuals or organizations in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application with title “Supplier – Skills Acquisition Equipment for TATIP Project” as the email subject to [email protected] Cc [email protected]
The application should highlight among other things:
- The supplier’s relevant experience.
- Link to portfolio/equipment supplied within the last 2 years that are relevant to this request.
- Reference letters from 2 individuals/organizations you have working relationship with, and can speak on your capacity (sent as annex to the application)
- The application should be maximum of 4 A4-sized pages, excluding annexes.
N/B: At the core of our work and culture is the promotion of the rights of marginalized groups, as well as embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is on this note that we encourage applications from individuals and organizations who share in this principle and/or have a personal story that reflects why this principle should be promoted.