POSITION: Finance Officer
NUMBER OF OPENINGS: One (1)
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND with ICAN
Job Type: Full-Time
The Finance Officer will ensure maintenance of adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for the generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers. S/he will be responsible for providing technical finance expertise and advice to the organization to ensure the complete accuracy of all finance transactions. S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of Devatop Centre for Africa Development and partner organizations.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports with supporting documents.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation reports.
- Prepare cash advance liquidations for review and submission to the donor.
- Post, maintain, and reconcile financials in QuickBooks Accounting software.
- Managing of project accounts.
- Electronic labeling and filing of financial documents in both cloud and hard drive.
- Support successful external audit of DEVATOP corporate finances yearly
- Facilitate effective, efficient, and timely financial transaction recordings.
- Prepare program and project budgets and expenditures.
- Support proper budget monitoring/management in a manner that will aid good management decisions on project expenditures.
- Prepare a yearly budget.
- Ensure compliance with relevant financial laws on statutory deductions and remittances.
- Prepare other periodic financial reports as may be requested.
- Perform other duties as required by the employer.
Qualifications for Finance Officer
- Experience in preparing and analyzing financial reports and plans and drawing insight for use by management and different donors.
- Strong financial expertise and familiarity with management and accounting practices at a senior management level.
- Sound practical knowledge of accounting systems and the use of spreadsheets.
- Expertise in Payroll processing and management.
- Proven experience in producing budgets and financial reports for management and donors.
- Auditing awareness (ISAs)
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Asset inventory management
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail and extraordinary multitasking ability.
- A reliable and diligent worker.
– Bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting management is required.
– Master’s degree in professional Accounting or Financial Management would be an added advantage.
– Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a finance officer or accountant position, preferably in the NGO sector.
– Membership of a reputable Professional Accountancy body such as ACCA, CIMA, or CPA.
To Apply: CLICK HERE
Application Deadline: Ongoing until position is filled up.